How to participate in AFRINIC-34 Online?
The Meeting Platform:
Meetecho is the AFRINIC-34 Online Conference Platform. It brings together video and audio conferencing, meeting material sharing, text chat, shared notepad capability, and mic queue management. You do not need to install a client to use the Meetecho platform, it can be used directly in any desktop web browser. To ensure a better user experience we would recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox to run the Meetecho platform. You are advised to avoid using Safari as some features may not work as expected.
We will soon make available the Meetecho User guide to help you know more about the platform.
You will need to register. You will receive a unique token and the meeting URL 2 weeks before the event.
Participants without tokens can also view the meeting live through our YouTube channel at https://youtube.com/afrinic
Please note that AFRINIC-34 Online will be recorded for archiving purposes.
Can't find my Token:
There is “forgot token” option on the platform. Please click on same to re-receive your token. You will receive the token to the mail ID you used to register for the AFRINIC-34
- Audio and video conferencing
- 1:1 chat among participants and presenters
- One main chat window
- Q&A window for questions meant to the presenters only
- A timer that will allow time-keeping for the presenters
- Polling for a quick vote
- List of participants logged in visible to all
- A tour of the platform by clicking on the "i" icon which is the info view and appears in the header bar, middle-right part of the screen
- If you have troubles receiving audio, you can reconnect to the audio stream by clicking on the topdown arrow icon found on the bottom-right corner of the screen
- If you have troubles sending your audio/video, please make sure that you granted permission to the browser to access your capture devices
- You can either request the floor by clicking on the microphone icon, where the Session Moderator will allow you to speak when the time is appropriate
- Or you can write your message in the QA window by clicking on the Q&A icon on the menu bar and click then the "Ask" button. The Session Moderator will then read your questions out loud when the time is appropriate
We will use SpatialChat for our Virtual cocktail that will happen on the 18th of November from 01h30 p.m to 02h00 p.m UTC.
The URL to attend the cocktail will be shared soon.
Please feel free to bring in your own drinks for the cocktail. You can have a DIY cocktail drinks
You can read more about Spatial chat at https://help.spatial.chat/hc/en-us/articles/360019120259-Basics-of-SpatialChat and more at: https://help.spatial.chat/hc/en-us/articles/360016441939-User-roles-comparison
On Spatial Chat you can:
- Share any audio from YouTube
- Chat on the main channel
- Share your screen (ensure you have the window or tab open)
- Send emojis
- Move closer to a person/a group virtually to hear the person louder and clearer
- Move away from a person/a group virtually if you do not want to hear the person/group talking
- Use the megaphone, the Loudspeaker icon if you want everyone to hear you