Call for Presentations for AFRINIC-34
The African Network Information Centre (AFRINIC) is pleased to announce the Call for Technical Presentation abstracts for AFRINIC Community members wishing to make presentations during the AFRINIC-34 Online meeting that will take place from 15th-18th November 2021.
The Technical presentations sessions have provided a forum for both experienced and new delegates to discuss technical topics related to Internet in Africa. These Presentations are slotted for the 16th November 2021 from 11:20-13:30 UTC in the AFRINIC -34 Online Agenda.
To enrich the discussions and share knowledge with the community at AFRINIC-34 Online, we are seeking presentations on a wide range of issues, broadly related to access, development, and digitization of the Internet in Africa. Your contribution can be in the form of a presentation during a session, a tutorial, or a demonstration.
We are specifically interested in presentations focusing on:
- Internet Governance.
- Internet Measurements.
- Core Internet Infrastructure.
- Community networks.
- Business Practices and Higher Education in the Age of Technology
- Network data security and management, attack mitigation.
- IP network architecture, sizing, configuration, and administration.
- Routing and switching protocols, including unicast, multicast, anycast, SDN, etc.
- Cloud Computing.
- Open Data/Big Data.
- Technology and Content Production.
- Relations between Mobile Operators and the Internet Community
- Applications for end-users (e.g. e-mail, HTTP, DNS, NFVs, etc.)
- Peering, Internet traffic exchange, IXPs
The submission deadline is 22nd October 2021.
Kindly read the Guidelines carefully before submitting your proposal.
AFRINIC-34 Speaker Guidelines
- Presentations should be 10 minutes long, with 10 minutes of Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 25 minutes.
- The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, no later than five (5) days prior to the presentation date.
- Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts if required. There are usually approximately 300 delegates in each session.
- Presentations with marketing and/or commercial content will not be considered.
Read more about the Speaker's obligations in the Online Meeting Etiquette here >> https://meeting.afrinic.net/afrinic-34/online-etiquette
How to submit a Presentation Proposal
- Please submit your Call for Presentation at https://registration.afrinic.net/elections/afrinic-34-c4p
- Fill in the online form with the requested information.
- In the Speakers section, provide your abstract, your biography, and slides.
Should you experience any challenges please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Important dates to note:
- Deadline for submitting Presentation Abstracts – 22nd October 2021
- Deadline for submission of draft presentations – 29th October 2021
- Submission of final presentation – 3rd November 2021
- Dry runs will take place from 08 to 10 November, exact dates and timings for speakers only will be announced at a later date
Please note that due to the limited time allocated to technical presentations in the agenda, only shortlisted abstracts will be slotted in the agenda. All selected presenters will be notified of the status of their presentation abstract making it to the AFRINIC-34 Agenda.