Frequently Asked Questions
- How to apply for an invitation letter ?
- How to download your invitation letter ?
- Error in accessing Invitation Application Form
- How to sign-up for an event ?
- How to apply for the AfriNIC Fellowship programme ?
- How to submit a presentation proposal ?
- How to create an AfriNIC Meeting Account ?
- What is an AfriNIC Meeting Account ?
You will need to login to have access to the application form. If you are not registered, you will have to create an account first, then:
- Go to My Account > My Invitation Letter (fill in the Invitation form with the required details).
Please note that you have to upload a clear scan of your passport/ID. Once the invitation/visa related process is done we delete your passport/ID details and files from our system.
- Upon successful evaluation of your application the link to download your invitation letter PDF) will be emailed to you from which you just have to follow the instructions.
If you have applied for an invitation letter you should receive a mail from the Meeting website with the link to download the PDF. In a normal scenario, you should:
- have a PDF reader already installed (if not you can download if from here).
- log-in to the AFRINIC-17 website then try to access the link that you received in your "Invitation Letter application" mail mentioning the acceptance of your apllication.
If have you have already submitted a request for invitation letter, you will not be able to access the form for another application in that case please follow these steps from the AFRINIC-17 website after you log-in:
- On the main menu go to My Account > Get invitation letter. (You will get an error message saying that you have already submitted an application and you can view your previous submissions.)
- Click on "View your previous submissions", then "View" and "Download PDF"
In order to sign-up for an event (training workshops / plenary sessions) you should be first logged in. Once this is done, simply follow these steps from the main menu:
- My Account (this menu will appear only if you are logged in) > My Signups > Available sessions - click on event/session name to load event/session information page, read instructions then sign-up at the top of the page by entering your email address.
** Fellowship application for AFRINIC-17 has been closed. **
If you are interested in applying for the AfriNIC Fellowship programme you should first log in, then simply follow these steps from the main menu:
- Meeting > Fellowship Programme (read the instructions provided on the page > fill in the Fellowship Application Form and submit)
** Please note that the Call for Presentation period has been closed. **
If you are interested in submitting a presentation proposal you should be first logged in then simply follow these steps from the main menu:
Meeting > Call for Presentations > read the instructions > click on "submit your presentation" link at the bottom of the page > Use the "Call for Presentation Submission Form" to submit your presentation proposal
To create an AfriNIC Meeting Account simply follow these steps from the main menu:
Registration > Create an account (then fill in the registration form)
The AfriNIC Meeting Account is an online meeting account that will allow you to access the AfriNIC related meetings and events information with quick access to training workshops and plenary sessions. The AfriNIC Meeting Account will be active starting from AfriNIC-15, once you have created your account, you can use it for any AfriNIC meetings and events in the future. Click here to create your account.