Internet Number Resource Management (INRM)
20 Nov 2011 - 9am to 5pm
This course introduces participants to the fundamentals of Internet number resource management and how to deal with AfriNIC in getting and managing their Internet resources. Participant will also be introduced to the Policy Development Process, how it works, why they need to be concerned with it and how to participate.
- Knowledge of the Internet Protocol and how it works.
- Basic Unix/Linux command line skills.
- Understanding Internet resources & how they are managed.
- About AfriNIC and what we do.
- Number resource policies in Africa about the AfriNIC Policy Development Process.
- IPv4 depletion - facts, timelines and implications.
- IP address planning.
- Why NAT is not a solution to the problem of IPv4 exhaustion (aka Why NAT is evil).
- Interacting with AfriNIC.
- Introduction to the Whois database (Objects, querying and uses).
See full course details http://www.afrinic.net/training/inrmtraining.htm
No sponsors have been announced.