Call for Presentations
AFRINIC-25 is organised in two parts: Training & Workshops and Plenary Sessions. Every year the AFRINIC Programme Committee looks for people to:
- Participate in the technical conference sessions as a speaker
- Convene and chair panel sessions on relevant topics
- Deliver technical tutorials
Suggested Presentation Topics
The AFRINIC-25 programme committee seeks speakers from all regions to deliver presentations during plenaries on a number of Internet related topics including:
- Internet Governance
- Core Internet infrastructure
- Access, utility and development
- The Internet and economic development
- Business practices in the era of technology
- Higher education in the age of technology
- Cyber Security
- Technology and business
- Cloud Computing
- Open Data/Big Data
- Technology and content production
- Relations between mobile operators and the Internet community
- Mobile applications
- Peering and interconnection
- Presentations are 15-20 minutes in length, with approximately 10-15 minutes for Q&A at the end of each presentation.
- The maximum time allotted per presentation will not exceed 45 minutes.
- The presenter(s) will be required to upload their final presentation in PDF format, five days prior to the presentation date.
- Presenters are responsible for producing any handouts should they require them. There are usually approximately 200 delegates in each session.
- Tutorials can range from 90 minutes to half a day in length.
- Presentations with marketing and commercial content will not be considered.
The call for presentations for AFRINIC-25 is currently open.
To submit your presentation proposal, register/login for AFRINIC-25 and upload your proposal in the Speakers section of our online platform on this website.
Deadline for submitting an application – 30 September 2016
Notification of acceptance of application – 07 October 2016
Submission of draft presentation – 22 October 2016
Submission of final presentation - 22 November 2016