AFRINIC-17 Fellowship Programme
Call for Fellows is now closed!
AFRINIC Fellowship Programme
AFRINIC offers fellowships for every Public Policy meeting. The fellowship is reserved in priority for individuals representing small organisations, universities and media who are actively involved in Internet operations and development or ICT policy in their countries and respective communities. The fellow is expected to positively and actively contribute to IP address management awareness in the AFRINIC service region.
To qualify for the fellowship, you:
- should be a resident of the African region
- must not necessarily be an AFRINIC member
- should be from a technical (IT, Computer Science) background
- have not benefited from previous AFRINIC fellowships
- are willing to report on how this fellowship has benefited you/your organisation/country.
How to apply for AFRINIC-17 fellowship programme?
AFRINIC-17 will be held in Khartoum, The Republic of Sudan from 24 to 29 November 2012.
More relevant information will be communicated on the AFRINIC announce mailing lists. To subscribe to the AFRINIC announce mailing list, click here.
AFRINIC-16 fellow speaks on her experience...
The fellowship includes:
- assistance with round-trip airfare to the meeting venue;
- hotel accommodation for the AFRINIC Plenary event, from 27 November (the day before the beginning of the Plenary) to 29 November 2012 (the last day of the event).
Upon selection of the fellows, AFRINIC will notify the selected fellows directly and allow the fellow seven (7) days to reply with an acceptance of the fellowship. A public announcement of the fellowship winners will be made after the acceptance by the winners. Below are the dates to remember for fellowship application:
- 25 September 2012 - Close of application
- 03 October 2012 - Notification to pre-selected fellows
- 09 October 2012 - Deadline of acceptance by awarded fellow
- 10 October 2012 - Final announcement and publication of fellowship list