The main objectives of the AfGWG are:
1. To strengthen the collaboration between AFRINIC and African Governments and Regulators
2. To create a dynamic framework to address
(i) General Internet Governance challenges faced within the region
(ii) Specifically those internet governance issues related to Internet Number Resources
Why attend an AfGWG meeting?
1. To participate in interactive discussions with regional Internet stakeholders and the community on issues such as the:
- secure and sustainable Internet development in the African region
- impact that the steady growth of the Internet is having on the socio-economic development, calling for an enhanced collaboration between all the stakeholders mainly policy makers in the region
2. To learn how IP resources are being managed in the region
Who should attend?
• Government Officials dealing with ICT matters
• ICT Regulators & policy makers
• Regional ICT Organisations
• Law Enforcement Agencies